For undergraduate students who are committed to conducting directed research in the STIR Lab or iUX Academy, they are required to register for 0-3 credit hours with Dr. Wisniewski. Below is the process for how to do this:
Registering for CAP 4912
- Complete the registration form
- Zero credit hours is best for students who are taking a full course load and want to be graded as pass/fail (S/U).
- One to three credit hours is best for students who want to use the course as an elective and receive a letter grade for their work.
- Complete the registration addendum
- Work with your graduate student mentor and Dr. Wisniewski to define your responsibilities.
- This addendum will serve as your course contract for what is expected for the semester. Therefore, it is your responsibility to set realistic deadlines.
- A grading scale should be included if you register for 1-3 credit hours. If you register for 0 credit hours add, “This 0 credit course will be graded as pass/fail (S/U)”.
- Sign the documents, combine them into one PDF, and save it in Dropbox.
- Name the file as: Yourlastname_Semesteryear_Registration.pdf
- Save the file in Dropbox, under the All_Students\course_contracts folder. Choose the appropriate folder for the semester, and then save it in the Undergrad_Registration_Forms folder.
- Let Dr. Wisniewski know that your form is ready to be signed via Skype. You will be informed when your form is signed and she will append your file name with _signed
- Dr. Wisniewski will send you back the signed registration forms and save them to your student Dropbox folder for your records.
- Submit the forms to register. *This should be done by the first day of classes.*
- While there may be some exceptions, you will probably first have to get your forms signed by Dr. Heinrich (undergraduate coordinator) or Dr. Leavens (CS department chair).
- Send the updated form to email@example.com with a copy of your photo ID. If everything looks good, you will be enrolled in the course on Webcourses. You will receive a confirmation when this happens.
- It is your responsibility to make sure your course enrollment shows up on MyUCF before the end of the drop/add period.
- Do the academic activity in your affiliated course ASAP.
- Complete the STIR Lab Research Assistant Agreement.
- Sign this agreement and make sure it gets signed by your research mentor and Dr. Wisniewski.
- Save the signed agreement to your student Dropbox folder (created by Dr. Wisniewski).
We are excited to work with you and are looking forward to a productive semester!