How to Complete IRB CITI Training for UCF
CITI Training must be completed before engaging in human subjects research
- Go to www.citiprogram.org
- Follow the instructions on the CITI Main Menu to create a user account for yourself, giving special attention to these fields
- Select “University of Central Florida” as your institution
- For your name, enter the same First Name and Last Name that displays in your myUCF Student Center (my.ucf.edu)
- On the second registration page, provide the information requested by UCF, giving special attention to these fields
- Institutional email address – Enter your Knights e-mail address, which is your official UCF student e-mail address
- UCF Employee Number – Enter your UCF ID, example: 1234567)
- On the Select Curriculum page, scroll down to Question 1, Human Subjects Protection, and select “Group 2.Social / Behavioral Research Investigators and Key Personnel”.
- On the next registration page, you may also affiliate yourself with another institution, if you wish. Otherwise, select No.
- You have now completed CITI registration.
- To access the course, go to the My Courses section on the CITI Main Menu and you should see the Human Subjects Protection Group 2. Social / Behavioral Research Investigators and Key Personnel course.
- To start the course, click the red Enter link in the Status column
- Note: A passing score of 75% or more is required for course completion.
- You may choose to complete the training in one session or in multiple sessions. Once you have completed your CITI training, please let your research mentor know.
For more information you can access the UCF IRB website.