Sure Poster Instructions
Participation Deadlines Spring 2020
|Feb 3||Send your abstract to your primary research mentor for approval|
|Feb 5||Send Karla/Afsaneh your abstract with your primary research mentor’s approval|
|Feb 10 (11:59PM)||Application Due for Submitting Abstracts|
|Mar 6||Send to your primary research mentor|
|Mar 11||Send Karla/Afsaneh SURE poster draft with your primary research mentor’s approval|
|Mar 19||Send SURE poster to printer|
|April 2, 2020||Poster Sessions|
Showcase Abstract Criteria
Applications will be judged for acceptance into the Showcase according to the following criteria:
- Completed application form, including all co-presenter information (you will need all presenters’ UCF IDs).
- Project title
- A clear and straightforward research or creative focus
- Well-constructed abstract, summary, or creative statement of no more than 1500 characters (with spaces): This statement is the center of your application and should, therefore, use language that can be understood by both someone knowledgeable in the field and also by a reasonably informed non-specialist. It should explain what you investigated or created, the methods you used, and your results, conclusions, or predictions. You should also describe in the statement what contributions to the discipline or to society your project might make, or why you consider the project worth doing. This is provided to the judges prior to the event.
Submitting Your Showcase Abstract
- Note: Applicants must meet with their mentor to review their title, objective, and abstract prior to starting their application. You will have the option to save and come back to the application before submitting it.
- Go to https://our.ucf.edu/forms/showcase-application/
- Click on “APPLY TO SURE”
- Fill out the survey questions
- Poster Title word limit is 20
- For Research Category choose “Engineering, Optics and Photonics, and Computer Science”
- Select the time that you are available to present on April 2,2020
- Fill out Dr. Pamela Wisniewski as you Faculty mentor
- It is required to review and select each of the statements below.
- I will be required to have a printed 4x3ft poster (for information on printing, see http://showcase.ucf.edu).
- Check-in is between 10 am – 2 pm on April 1
- The withdraw deadline is March 16, and there are no penalties for withdrawing on or before that date.
- Withdrawing after March 16th will make me ineligible for future opportunities through the Office of Undergraduate Research, per the Policy on Participation
- Emails from firstname.lastname@example.org will come to my knightsmail and I should either regularly check the ‘junk’ folder or add email@example.com to my ‘safe senders’ list.
- My faculty mentor has reviewed this work prior to submission, and I am aware that they will be contacted to confirm their endorsement of this project.
Creating Your Showcase Poster
To create your poster, please use the following resources:
- Please use the STIR Lab poster template located at Dropbox\STIR_Lab\STIR_Resources\Templates\ STIR_Poster_Template for your poster.
- How to Create a Research Poster: https://guides.nyu.edu/posters
- Poster Guidelines: https://researchweek.ucf.edu/judging/
- Workshops for preparation: https://showcase.ucf.edu/prepare/
- Examples of past UCF SURE Posters: https://stars.library.ucf.edu/sure/